- 1 large spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (or 1 tsp dry basil)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3- 28 oz cans whole tomatoes (crushed by hand)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Saute onions and garlic with 1 cup of olive oil in a 4 quart saucepan.
When onions and garlic are golden in color, add tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, lower flame and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
I used an immersion blender to blend my sauce before serving. This made enough for at least 2 meals. Add spicy sausage for a kick or hamburger for a meaty marinara sauce. YUM!What do you do to keep your kids occupied when you’re cooking? On this particular day I relied on blocks and the swing (on high, of course), but I could use some more activities to add to the list!