I passed by the same antique store every day eyeing up this cradle that I wanted to buy for Avery’s baby doll to sleep in, but it took me weeks before I finally stopped to ask how much. When she said $15, I was sold!
I sanded it down and then spray painted it yellow, applying three light coats of paint.
Next, I bought a pillow from Target to use as the mattress since I could not find a cradle mattress that was the right size. I bought some fabric on Etsy and got to work on sewing a cover for it. I am very new to using a sewing machine, so I was quite proud of myself for taking on t his project!
I used a chevron print for the top and polka dots (my fav!) for the sides. I then stapled the fabric around the pillow to a board that fit into the cradle.
I am in love with the finished product and so are the girls (and their babies) Stay tuned for more sewing projects on the way!