What to do with my leftover seafood from Christmas Eve? Make shrimp and lobster bisque, of course! It was a real treat and I think you’ll enjoy it too!
Shrimp and Lobster Bisque
- 1/2 lb cooked lobster meat, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp, with tails removed, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups organic milk
- 2 cups organic light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
In a small frying pan place 1/4 cup chicken broth and the onion. Cook over a low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium size pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in flour. Whisk until a creamy mixture is created.
Gradually pour in broth, whisking constantly. Whisk in milk, salt, onion, lobster meat, shrimp, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. Heat until soup is almost boiling (do not boil).